Key Point Person in developing and implementing cost savings strategies to fulfill departmental cost savings objectives. (Emphasis on the technical commodity perspective) cost modeling, benchmarking costs, cost targeting, LLC sourcing strategy, make versus buy analysis, and reverse online auctions. Key player in consistently over delivering both upfront savings as well as year over year productivity.
• Led the Organic Cost Savings Initiative for VA/VE type supplier product involvement reviews to drive specification changes, tooling and process optimization. Application of Value Engineering is one of my strong areas of expertise.
• Catalyst in creating synergies between Purchasing/Supply Chain, Engineering and Plant locations to drive and leverage commodities from a "Center-Led" perspective. This includes integrating systems and capturing areas of "unmanaged spend" across multiple locations that can be optimized to drive additional cost savings.
• Developed and implemented a cross-company Industry Benchmark Study to baseline current supply chain commodity practices and learn from other industries to set goals and close process gaps. (Honda, GM, Caterpillar, Harley Davidson). Inventory reduction, slow moving inventory process, safety stock program, innovative logistics savings and vendor managed inventory.
• Chosen to a select group to lead a cross functional team in support of Plastics/Metals commodities by Carlos Ghosn CEO of Nissan/ Renault known as the (cost killer) – Provided skip level reporting of team progress directly to Mr. Ghosn. Developed & implemented the LCC World Sourcing Strategies - (N-value Concept) world costing benchmark system that is based on 9-box commodity evaluation process. Presented and gained acceptance of this Strategy at Nissan World Management Congress meeting at Vanderbilt University. This strategy is still the sourcing standard in use at Nissan today.
• Implemented a systemic approach to evaluate and audit potential of LCC suppliers as well as creating a LCC “Leading Competitive Country” Playbook for Commodity Strategy and Tracking Metrics.
• Led the Strategic Sourcing/Supply Chain lean continuous process improvement initiative through the development and coordination of the SIOP process to evaluate the tradeoff between Inventory and service levels.
• Managed, mentored and trained 5 different Procurement Teams to successfully over-achieve organizational objectives of cost savings, working capital and process improvement targets.
• Individually Led Raw Material Commodity Strategies to achieve overall Targets for: Cost Savings, Emerging
Market Sourcing, On time Delivery, Product Quality and Innovation for multiple plant locations. Achieved this through leveraging cross-functional commodity spend, hedging global markets trends and closely managing the supplier evaluations/qualification process.