VP of Engineering - Plastic Injection Molding
Position: VP of Engineering
Location: Multi-plant responsibility, travel, headquartered at 1 of 4 plant locations
Client: Custom plastic injection molder with a national footprint that serves automotive, appliance, consumer and industrial end markets. Specializing in small to large, highly aesthetic complex molded products that provide added value in a one-stop-shop environment. ISO 9001 and IATF 16949
- Reporting to the CEO
- Corporate oversight of our Engineering Teams at four plant locations including design, tooling, material selection, new product launch, validations, processing, and quality.
- Support the sales and management teams in driving new and existing work, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Regular interface with customer engineers and managers to drive new work and ensure smooth workflow.
- Work with executive management to implement or improve internal systems and workflows with the goal of improving overall engineering throughput.
- Work to identify and develop managerial talent within the engineering department to support the growth of the department.
- Work with HR and executive management to fill any shortfalls in engineering personnel as needed.
- Will help to identify and integrate new state-of-the-art technologies into existing workflows.
- Manage internal and external resources in the design and creation of new tools for production.
- Strong technical knowledge of plastic injection molding equipment, processes, procedures, tooling, documentation and measuring equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and demonstrated success leading and engaging diverse engineering teams in an injection molding environment.
- Autonomous, accountable, motivated self-starter focused on positive team involvement and continuous improvement.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal), proficient computer skills (MS Office, CAD, ERP)
- Strong conflict resolution, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.