Tooling Manager - Plastic Injection Molding
Drive new tool builds and engage our experienced mold making team. Successful custom plastic injection molder located in Pennsylvania seeking experienced Tooling Manager to direct and coordinate mold making and machining operations.
About This Position
- You will direct and coordinate mold making and machining activities to obtain optimum efficiency, economy of operations and maximize profits.
- Plan, develop and implement departmental policies and goals. Analyze industry and technology trends to bring best practices and equipment to the operation.
- Optimize utilization of labor by assigning and scheduling workload according to availability and resources.
- Continuously seek to improve overall lead time (MCT) through application of best practices in machining and methods.
- Maintains shop schedule of priorities and communicates daily between mold makers and Project Management Office.
- Collaborate on design with customers and internal resources. Occasional travel to support new tool builds.
About This Company
- 60+ year old USA-based, employee-owned, plastic injection molding and in-house tooling company providing an integrated, single-source solution for custom molded components in medical, defense, electronic and industrial OEM markets.
- ISO 13485 certified, FDA, FFL & ITAR registered.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Journeyman Toolmaker or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated and successful supervisory and management experience a must.
- Working knowledge of CNC programming, Project Management software, Microsoft office suite and ERP tools.
- Strong communication, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills required.
- Solid understanding of mold design and the injection molding manufacturing process.
- Lean Six Sigma or continuous improvement experience.