Tooling Engineer / Project Manager - Plastic Injection Molding
Develop our new projects! Experienced Tooling Engineer in plastic injection molding needed to develop new product tooling/molds for custom molding projects. Deliver qualified tooling on time and within budget in automotive, appliance, and consumer end markets. Centrally located in the US Midwest, with a full-service tool shop and career growth path to engineering management.
About This Position
- Work with customers and tooling vendors on new product launch from concept, design, build and into production.
- Assist with quoting and feasibility reviews for new potential business.
- Coordinate and communicate engineering changes to existing programs.
- Schedule and coordinate tool repair and tool maintenance.
- Implement continuous improvement actions to reduce cycle time, tooling changes and scrap.
About This Company
- Our client is a custom plastic injection molder with a national footprint that serves many markets including automotive, appliance, sporting goods, filtration, and power equipment.
- Manufacturing capabilities include injection, gas assist, structural foam, overmolding and has presses ranging from 200 to 2,000 tons.
- Our client specializes in small to large, high aesthetic complex molded products that provide added value in a one-stop-shop environment.
- Our client, an ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 registered company, has implemented extensive quality procedures to ensure all requirements and customer specifications are met or exceeded.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience designing and building plastic injection mold tooling in an IATF 16949 setting.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and knowledge of thermoplastic resin properties, mold flow, engineering drawings, and technical specifications.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments to help determine product compatibility.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal is a must.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and CAD.