Tool Maker – Plastic Injection Molding
Seeking Journeyman Tool Maker in plastic injection molding. Build and repair injection molding tools for a successful custom injection molder with a national footprint.
About This Job
· The Tool Maker is responsible for the layout, fit and assembly of molds.
· Perform complete tear down of molds – clean, inspect, part replacement, grease and reassemble.
· Maintain manifolds, hot runners, and valve gates.
· Repair/replace worn out valve pins, tips & heaters.
· Review tooling requests with Tooling Engineer and determine if the tooling is to be processed internally or externally.
· Maintain housekeeping of tooling equipment and area.
· Manufacture and repair fixtures and specialized tools as requested and approved by Engineering Manager.
About This Company
· Custom plastic injection molder with a national footprint that serves many markets including automotive, appliance, sporting goods, filtration, and power equipment.
· Manufacturing capabilities include injection, gas assist, structural foam, overmolding and has presses ranging from 200 to 2,000 tons.
· Our client specializes in small to large, high aesthetic complex molded products that provide added value in a one-stop-shop environment.
· Our client, an ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 registered company, has implemented extensive quality procedures to ensure all requirements and customer specifications are met or exceeded.
Minimum Job Qualifications
· 5+ years experience making and repairing molds in plastic injection molding.
· Knowledge of tool room equipment: mill, lathe, and surface grinders.
· Have working knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
· Good problem solving and communication skills.