Technical Service & Training Manager
Communication and training are your passion. Troubleshooting and engineering are your strengths. Service-minded is your spirit.
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s team of talent is what distinguishes our company from the rest. If a fast paced, collaborative environment is one you thrive in and you are ready to be a part of a Fortune 500 sized company, then we want to start a conversation with you!
Under the direction of the Vice President of Aftersales, the incumbent supervises and trains Sumitomo (SHI) Demag associates in product knowledge and maintenance of plastic molding machinery. This position can be located in our Suwanee, GA or Strongsville, OH office.
Manages and provides technical support.
- Improves the process of accepting and returning calls/emails from customers in order to solve problems.
- Effectively hands off and communicates with area service management when a problem escalates from technical support to field service support.
- Effectively hands off and communicates with parts and retrofit departments when a problem escalates.
- Provides technical support and engineering support to all Aftersales departments.
- Gauges effectiveness of current systems to ensure accuracy and timeliness of response.
Manages the training program.
- Assesses training needs with managers, instructors, or customer representatives.
- Keeps up with developments in area of expertise by reading current journals, books, or magazine articles.
- Monitors training costs to ensure budget is not exceeded, and prepare budget reports to justify expenditures.
- Selects and assigns instructors to conduct training.
- Supervises instructors, evaluates instructor performance, and refers instructors to classes for skill development.
- Gauges effectiveness of training programs to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
Manages the Technical Support & Training employee activities, performance, capability, and professionalism.
- Provides oversight and direction to Technical Support & Training employees in accordance with departmental and company goals.
- Sets clear goals through the use of a department scorecard, which is communicated regularly to Technical Support & Training employees.
- Coaches, mentors and develops staff, including monitoring individual employee performance through use and completion of performance reviews and individual development plans.
- Fosters a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for the appreciation of diversity, as well as cohesiveness and supportiveness through use of regularly scheduled departmental meetings and leading by example.
- Provides effective performance feedback through the use of employee recognition, rewards and disciplinary action (with the assistance of Human Resources).
- Maintains transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, e-mail, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Four-year degree in Business Management or related field or equivalent experience, required.
- Proven experience as a certified trainer and experience in a technical or engineering support function, preferred.
Why Join Us?
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag offers a competitive benefits package, which include Medical, Dental, 401(k) with standard company contribution, Health Savings Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 11 paid holidays per year, plus a generous Personal Time Off package. We also value the importance of innovation, teamwork and independence. Through our wellness and employee engagement initiatives, you will see that we have a work hard, play hard atmosphere. At Sumitomo, you will be consistently challenged and your opportunities will only be limited by your ambition!
Are you ready to be a part of our team? Apply now and start a conversation today!
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America, Inc. is part of a worldwide group of companies dedicated to helping plastics processors compete more effectively in the global market. Specializing in the manufacture of high-precision, high-performance, plastic injection molding machines, and selling over 5,000 machines annually, Sumitomo (SHI) Demag, together with its Japanese parent company, Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd., is one of the largest manufacturers of injection molding machines in the world. With over 100,000 IM machines installed worldwide, the company has a presence in all major markets around the globe. Equally important, Sumitomo (SHI) Demag has an extensive worldwide support network, ensuring customers of sales, parts, training, service, and processing assistance when and where it is needed.
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sumitomo (SHI) Demag complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.