Senior Quality Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding
Sr. Quality Engineer – Plastic Injection Molding
Experienced Quality Engineer in plastic injection molding needed to continue producing the highest quality plastic parts for customers in automotive, industrial, and consumer industries. You will handle corrective actions, APQP, and implement quality management system (QMS) procedures to ensure continuous production of defect-free plastic products within ISO/IATF 16949 requirements. Career growth opportunity located in the Midwest.
About This Position
- Use systematic approach to identify and resolve potential quality issues and concerns.
- Meet and exceed quality metrics for customer satisfaction in production and new tooling.
- Participate in new product launches championing the APQP process.
- Coordinate internal and external activities related to ISO/TS audits.
- Ensure compliance to all QMS, SOPs, ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements.
- Work to continuously improve operations by meeting and exceeding all requirements for quality, accuracy, customer finished good requirements, organization, safety, projects and 6S.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives.
About This Company
- Our client is a custom plastic injection molder with a national footprint that serves many markets including automotive, appliance, sporting goods, filtration, and power equipment.
- Manufacturing capabilities include injection, gas assist, structural foam, overmolding and has presses ranging from 200 to 2,000 tons.
- Our client specializes in small to large, high aesthetic complex molded products that provide added value in a one-stop-shop environment.
- Our client, an ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 registered company, has implemented extensive quality procedures to ensure all requirements and customer specifications are met or exceeded.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or 5-8 years quality engineering experience with an Associate’s Degree.
- IATF 16949 certification experience and a proven track record of improving quality operations.
- Strong working knowledge of plastics injection molding processes.
- Fully knowledgeable in measurement systems, CMM, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Demonstrated experience implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong data analysis, statistical, written and oral communications skills.