QUALITY MANAGER - Plastics
Lead a team at a company that puts QUALITY FIRST! Our client is passionate about achieving packaging excellence through customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, innovation, and new technology.
About This Job:
- Our client is searching for an experienced quality professional who has a high-energy collaborative style to supervise/train quality personnel, oversee their quality system, drive improvements of their quality testing program, maintain certifications (Food Safety, ISO, etc.) and handle customer audits.
- This is more than a desk job! Your quality expertise, “big-picture” perspective, and sense of urgency are needed on the production floor to identify root causes of quality issues, introduce tools and processes that solve problems, and suggest procedures that enhance quality skills and productivity.
- Success in this role can open-the-door for new opportunities (at the multi-plant level) in the future. This position is based in the Kansas/Missouri area, but some relocation assistance may be available.
About This Company:
- Our client is an award-winning manufacturing company that specializes in flexible packaging for multiple industries: food, consumer, healthcare, lawn/garden, etc.
- Their GMI certified facility utilizes the latest technology to provide quality printing and high-end graphics.
- They are a USA manufacturing organization with 40+ years in business. The demand for flexible packaging is increasing, and their future growth potential is huge!
Some Ideal Job Qualifications:
- College degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., quality, engineering, chemistry, etc.).
- 3+ years of quality supervisory/management experience in manufacturing, preferably in the flexible packaging and/or food manufacturing industry.
- Previous experience with ISO 9001 and SQF preferred.
- Ability to maintain and ensure compliance with relevant certifications to ensure good manufacturing practices (GMPs), including but not limited to ISO 9001:2015 and Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Level II certification as part of the Global Food Safety Initiative.
- A skill set that includes root cause analysis for quality issues, corrective/preventive actions related to product non-conformance, Corrective Action Responses (CAR), maintaining certificates of Conformance and Analysis (COC & COA), and managing key quality metrics.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and computer skills