QUALITY MANAGER (Automotive)
We need your quality engineering technical expertise to produce complex plastic and metal automotive components that are found in nearly every car manufactured worldwide!
About This Job:
- If you are an experienced quality professional, with strong technical skills and a high-energy collaborative style, then join our client’s team!
- You’ll wear multiple hats in this fast-paced manufacturing environment that promotes a culture of excellence and continuous improvement to produce quality parts that meet and adapt to customer needs.
- This is more than a desk job! Your quality expertise, “big-picture” perspective, and sense of urgency are needed in the quality department, on the production floor, and in front of customers to identify root causes of quality issues and apply tools and processes that solve problems and enhance quality.
- This is a first-shift, direct-hire position based in the Chicago area with an EXCELLENT compensation package. Some relocation assistance may be available if necessary. Success in this role can open-the-door for new growth opportunities in the future.
About This Company:
- Our client is a century-old, privately held manufacturing whose global footprint is recognized as a Tier II leader within the automotive supplier market
- They develop innovative processes of plastic and metal components by creating engineering solutions that meet the high-volume challenging requirements of the modern automotive industry
- As their quality expert, you’ll become part of an agile, fast-paced manufacturing environment that creates better solutions for customers to achieve mutual success.
- They invest in talent, value customers, take pride in innovative and agile manufacturing processes, and focus on a corporate vision to achieve future organizational growth!
Some Ideal Job Qualifications:
- College degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., quality, engineering, etc.) and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
- 3+ years of quality engineering experience, preferably in a custom automotive parts manufacturing environment that complies with IATF 16949 standards. Quality certification is a plus.
- Must be proficient with quality tools, KPI’s, and metrics (e.g., APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA, GD&T, etc., including the ability to create quality control plans and other reports
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and computer skills with the ability to engage successfully with customers