Production Manager - Plastic Injection Molding
Production Manager – Plastic Injection Molding
Bring your leadership skills to the production floor of a successful custom plastic injection molder in the Midwest. This is an excellent growth opportunity for someone who has a solid track record running production operations at an injection molding facility.
About This Position
- You will be responsible for meeting and exceeding plant goals for operational, quality, efficiency and profitability metrics.
- Lead, develop, train, coach and evaluate the performance of the production and maintenance team.
- Implement continuous improvement strategies in technology, quality, equipment and environment.
- Maintain 5S of the plant including a pristine production and materials area.
- Collaborate with tooling, quality, and managers to launch new tools.
- Develop and maintain a safe friendly culture that recognizes employee contributions and encourages participation for professional and company growth.
- Career path to company management.
About This Company
- Our client is a custom plastic injection molder with a national footprint that serves many markets including automotive, appliance, sporting goods, filtration, and power equipment.
- Manufacturing capabilities include injection, gas assist, structural foam, overmolding and has presses ranging from 200 to 2,000 tons.
- Our client specializes in small to large, high aesthetic complex molded products that provide added value in a one-stop-shop environment.
- Our client, an ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 registered company, has implemented extensive quality procedures to ensure all requirements and customer specifications are met or exceeded.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 5 to 10 years of experience in plastic injection molding with a progressive development in production management roles in a high speed industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience with implementing continuous improvement, lean or other process improvement techniques, and demonstrated experience with ERP’s; IQMS preferred.
- Organized self-starter with the ability to get the job done, motivate others, and maintain a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of operations, including scheduling, production, and quality systems; IATF 16949 preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and people management skills.