Product Design Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding
If you design plastic injection molded parts for Manufacturability, we have a great opportunity for you! Join a team and a company that continues to grow, innovate and invest in its people.
· Design for Manufacturability – precision injection molded parts
· Support sales by working with OEM customers on their part design
· Manage customer requirements to include tolerances, value engineering, cost drivers, and documentation
· Issue resolution as needed with new products and those currently in production
· Lead and develop cross-functional collaboration between molding, production, and quality
· Oversee preliminary tool design concepts, mold flow, press selection, and material selection
· With more than 65 years of plastic injection molding expertise, we are leaders and visionaries in our field.
· In-house tool manufacturing capabilities allow us to efficiently engineer products and reduce time.
· We specialize in tight-tolerance thermoplastic gearing with design expertise to resolve complex challenges.
· 5+ years direct experience in a plastic injection molding operation
· Working knowledge of CAD and Mold Flow programs
· Strong technical background in part design, injection molding processes, tooling, and materials
· Bachelor’s Degree in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical education and experience
· Superior communication (written and verbal), teamwork, and organizational skills are a must.