Process Engineer - Rubber Molding
Join an exciting team who makes parts that save lives! This essential manufacturer needs your immediate contribution and engineering expertise in compression, transfer, and silicone rubber molding. Bring your ideas and entrepreneurial spirit to this growing rubber molding company in Southern California.
About this Job
- Hands-on process engineering and mentoring for compression, transfer, and silicone rubber molding processes.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and implementing technical documentation of the product manufacturing process.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with quoting, sales team, and customers.
- Manage the materials planning process to ensure raw materials are acquired in both a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Ideal candidate is an “A player” that thrives in a smaller, dynamic, team-oriented environment, who enjoys wearing multiple hats, thinking-on-their feet, and wants to be on the ground floor of a growing business.
- Seize the opportunity to make an impact on this successful, stable, smaller organization, where your contributions will be rewarded.
About this Employer
- Our client is a U.S. based elastomeric manufacturing company that has been in business for 20+ years.
- They use rubber compression, transfer, and liquid silicone molding processes to produce mission critical parts for well-recognized OEM’s across multiple industries including aerospace, medical, military, electronics, etc.
- They build trust by making parts that do not fail.
- Our client is considered a critical medical manufacturer who will stay open at full capacity during COVID-19 closures, making parts that go into life-saving equipment.
- For this direct hire, full time position, some relocation assistance may be available.
- College degree in engineering, materials, plastics, polymers, or related field is desired. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role in a rubber molding manufacturing environment (transfer, compression, liquid silicone, etc.).
- Professional attitude with demonstrated success in process improvements (Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Individual per 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).