Hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical assembly are your passion. Attention to detail and troubleshooting are your strengths. Self-motivated is your spirit.
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s team of talent is what distinguishes our company from the rest. If a fast paced, collaborative environment is one you thrive in and you are ready to be a part of a Fortune 500 sized company, then we want to start a conversation with you!
Under the supervision of the Inside Sales Manager, the Process Assembler will be responsible for repairing and assembling plastic injection molding machinery in a team environment.
- Assembles hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical components.
- Handles fitting parts, wiring, soldering, tubing, and installing options in sub-assembly and final assembly.
- Installs power and water hook-ups and oil filling.
- Prepares sub-assemblies and related parts for painting.
- Paints machines and assemblies as needed.
- Performs fabrication and welding.
- Prepares and tags machinery for customer shipment.
- Responsible for documentation, part stocking, and locating materials.
- Performs incoming part inspection per drawing.
- Performs building and equipment maintenance.
- Safely uses and disposes of cleaning and protective solvents.
- Utilizes problem-solving skills and team members as resources.
- Occasional travel to customer sites throughout the country, as needed
- High level of safety consciousness with high attention to detail.
- HVAC capabilities are a plus.
- Schematic reading of hydraulic and electrical.
- Working knowledge to use mechanical, electrical, and machinist measuring tools.
- Working knowledge to fabricate and fit tubing.
- Working knowledge to rig and operate all plant cranes and tow motors.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Basic computer skills and ERP knowledge preferred.
- Metric conversion knowledge.
- High quality individual craftsmanship.
- Electrical Wiring/Troubleshooting experience required, including high/low voltage and experience with meters.
- Assembly experience a plus.
- High school diploma required.
Why Join Us?
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag offers a competitive benefits package, which include Medical, Dental, 401(k) with standard company contribution, Health Savings Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 11 paid holidays per year, plus a generous Personal Time Off package. We also value the importance of innovation, teamwork and independence. Through our wellness and employee engagement initiatives, you will see that we have a work hard, play hard atmosphere. At Sumitomo, you will be consistently challenged and your opportunities will only be limited by your ambition!
Are you ready to be a part of our team? Apply now and start a conversation today!
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America, Inc. is part of a worldwide group of companies dedicated to helping plastics processors compete more effectively in the global market. Specializing in the manufacture of high-precision, high-performance, plastic injection molding machines, and selling over 5,000 machines annually. Sumitomo (SHI) Demag, together with its Japanese parent company, Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd., is one of the largest manufacturers of injection molding machines in the world. With over 100,000 IM machines installed worldwide, the company has a presence in all major markets around the globe. Equally important, Sumitomo (SHI) Demag has an extensive worldwide support network, ensuring customers of sales, parts, training, service, and processing assistance when and where it is needed.
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sumitomo (SHI) Demag complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.