Plant Operations Manager – Plastic Injection Molding
Strive for excellence! Here’s your opportunity to run a large injection molding facility providing high-precision, custom-molded plastic parts, and sub-assemblies to a variety of high-profile customers in the Medical market. You will be responsible for overall management, direction and profitability of our largest molding facility, housing 50+ molding machines and 175+ employees.
About this Job
- As Plant Manager, direct all functional activities in production, manufacturing engineering, process engineering, quality assurance, inventory control, purchasing, shipping/receiving, tool maintenance, staffing, and customer service.
- Manage manufacturing schedules based on sales requirements and plant capacity to maximize machine and labor utilization.
- Control quality, cost of production, warehousing, receiving and shipping of raw materials, using a variety of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles and techniques.
- Oversee the maintenance of buildings, equipment, safety, plant security and protection.
- Participate in long-range plant expansion, conversion, and equipment planning.
- Apply hands-on management style in a lean environment.
About This Company
- Founded over 70 years ago and with multiple nationwide plants, our client is the contract manufacturer of choice for the world’s most successful companies.
- With quality as top priority, they strive for excellence in a highly-focused culture and standardized manufacturing platform.
- Providing complex injection-molded thermoplastic and silicone solutions, our turnkey partner understands plastic manufacturing from beginning to end.
- Exceling at tight-tolerance mold building, molding, and contract manufacturing using a matrix of competencies geared to collaborative problem solving, Six Sigma quality, and on-time and on-budget delivery.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Engineering degree required with 5+ years of experience in a plant/general management, operations, or engineering leadership role working in a large (150+ employee), high-precision plastic injection molding plant environment.
- Strong and broad understanding of plastic injection molding, including processing, tooling, automation, and facility systems.
- Proven leadership skills to develop a positive team approach that will ensure quality, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with a demonstrated record of accomplishments.
- Excellent financial skills with strong profit motivation.
- Medical injection molding experience preferred.