Molding Supervisor - Off Shift
We are looking for an energetic, experienced supervisor with a proven track record for leading a team of operators in a manufacturing setting. The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate, coach and deal with people and develop a team atmosphere as an off shift supervisor in our Molding Department.
The Shift Supervisor performs supervisory and production functions for the assigned shift. This would include, but not be limited to: duty assignments to employees on the shift, directing job functions, carrying out production requirements, overseeing equipment problems, handling employee complaints, problems, and discipline, liaisons with other departments, performs mold setting duties as necessary.
Key competencies include:
- Schedules and directs daily production;
- Assigns and oversees production duties and functions on the shift;
- Troubleshoots and handles equipment and mold problems;
- Ensures that quality assurance measures and procedures are followed, guides and assists quality inspectors as necessary;
- Oversees training of employee, including new hires, assists employees with equipment, operational, production problems;
- Processes set-ups, starts up presses including dial ins;
- Runs samples as needed;
Manager, Molding Department
Education: High school education or higher
Knowledge: A working knowledge of injection molding equipment, mold set-ups, mold operations, plastic resins and mixing procedures including math and measurement techniques/equipment. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing (working human relations skills).
Experience: At least 3 years experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment.
Attendance: Must be in attendance on a regular, full time basis and conform to all company attendance policies. Due to the leadership and directional nature of this position, attendance is of utmost importance. The Shift Foreman must be available and willing to work other shifts and overtime (including weekends) as necessary/required.
Job Type: Full-time