Molding Director/Manager - Plastic Injection Molding
Build, manage and develop our Molding Team. Successful custom plastic injection molder seeking experienced Molding Manager or Molding Value Stream Manager, to lead our mold shift supervisors, setters, processors, planners, and maintenance operations. Drive our continuous improvement, 5S, SMED activities while promoting a positive, safe, and productive work environment.
About This Job:
- Model company values.
- Build, manage and mentor the molding, processing, and maintenance teams.
- Daily hands-on leadership, decisive response to issues, problem solving, troubleshooting, teaching and process improvement.
- Achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity measures including overall 5S environment, leader and associate standard work.
- Drive positive change with continuous improvement priorities.
- Direct and coordinate high level of on-time delivery.
- Promote and ensure compliance with all polices and Quality Management System requirements.
About This Employer:
- With more than 70 years of plastic injection molding expertise, seasoned design engineering, in-house tool making, lean manufacturing processes.
- US and China locations, our client makes better-working products for better-performing brands.
- World class company with a Culture of Craft powered by strong corporate values, tenured professionals, exceptional training, with a positive attitude and team-focused culture.
- Specialized in molding engineered resins for precise mechanical movement and complex gear and drive train assemblies.
- ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 Certified.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Successful Molding Manager or Value Stream Manager will have a thorough knowledge of plastic injection molding equipment, processes, procedures, documentation and measuring equipment.
- Bachelors Degree with 15+ years experience in manufacturing and at least 3 years value stream leadership, or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on, progressive, assertive leader with a “can do” attitude.
- Autonomous, accountable, motivated self-starter focused on positive team involvement.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal), computer skills (MS Office), and IQMS experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.