Mold Set Up Technician
MOLD SETUP TECHNICIAN
This position is responsible for molding parts in accordance with internal and external customer requirements. This includes machine set up, auxiliary equipment set up, and process parameter input. Additional responsibilities include maintaining a neat and orderly work area in accordance with 5S standards, and adhering to safety polices. The Mold Setup position is divided into three classifications based on skill set and responsibility, beginning with the “C” level and progressing through to an “A” level.
The following responsibilities are based on these level/classifications; each level is also responsible for all aspects of the levels beneath them.
- Complete B level training curriculum during level C.
- Perform mold set up, and color changes to meet production demands.
- Set molding process parameters with the assistance of a foreman, supervisor, A or B level molding technician.
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with quality inspectors to identify defects.
- Perform material handler duties as assigned.
- Complete A level training curriculum during level B.
- Set molding process parameters to ensure part quality.
- Troubleshoot process, machine, and auxiliary equipment problems and make necessary changes to ensure quality and reduce downtime.
- Learn new technology as it is brought to manufacturing.
- Work with Supervisor and/or Lead Molding Technician to identify ways to improve productivity and reduce scrap, defects, etc.
- Work with quality inspectors to identify defects and make good decisions relative to process changes.
- Ability to sample new and existing molds.
- Keeps current with new technology in molding, auxiliary equipment, robots, etc.
- Promote safety by abiding by all related policies and procedures and set a good example for others.
- Help maintain 5S and cleanliness in the Plant by doing assigned cleaning tasks and set a good example for others.
- Assume responsibilities of supervisor or foremen in their absence.
- This job description does not contain every function/responsibility that may be required in the performance of this job. All team members are required to perform other related duties/functions as assigned.
- All team members shall:
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow job specific knowledge and use tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Minimum education of High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Must be able to successfully complete the “C” level Molding Technician training requirements.
- Must be able to read/write English and work from verbal and written instructions.
- Mechanical aptitude and math proficiency.
- Computer proficient.