MANUFACTURING PROJECT ENGINEER (Plastics Blow Molding)
We need your blow molding expertise! If you’re a change agent who can make critical decisions, take ownership of a project, and improve facility processes, we have an opportunity for you. Add your stamp to an established custom blow molding company.
About this Job:
- You’ll be the technical interface between sales & customers by supporting sales with respect to R&D, quoting, review product drawings, DFM, handling customer inquiries, etc.
- In this hands-on engineering role, you’ll wear multiple hats and take ownership of managing innovative projects from inception to production (e.g., mold procurement, budgeting, progress timelines, etc.)
- As their technology expert, you will support operations on the production floor. This includes introducing/optimizing equipment, improving efficiency, sharing best practices, coaching, and providing technical customer support to maximize part performance and produce quality products.
About this Employer:
- Our client is a manufacturing company that has been in business for over 30 years.
- As an industry leader, they use plastic materials and polymers to create custom blow molded products that range in size from ounces to pounds.
- Their broad customer base spans multiple markets: medical, industrial, lawn and garden, recreational, etc.
- This successful medium-sized organization encourages teamwork, empowerment, and change.
- This position is based in the greater Pittsburgh metropolitan area. Some relocation assistance may be available!
- College degree in engineering, materials, plastics, polymers, or related field is a plus, but not necessary
- 3 or more years of plastics engineering experience, preferably in a blow molding environment with a broad knowledge of mold evaluation, materials, equipment, tooling, process development, etc.
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO standards, and Lean Manufacturing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service/relationship building skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills including demonstrated project management, organization, and planning