Manufacturing Engineer - Rubber Molding
Be part of the COVID-19 solution! Make parts that save lives. This critical medical manufacturer needs your immediate contribution and engineering expertise. Bring your ideas and entrepreneurial spirit to this growing rubber molding company in Southern California.
About this job:
- In this hands-on manufacturing engineering role, you’ll become an integral part of a cross-functional team that brings innovative new ideas from inception to production.
- On the front end, consult and advise clients on design for manufacturing. On the back end, support operations on the production floor as a technical expert.
- Establish, document, and troubleshoot production processes while striving for continuous improvement, cost savings, and efficiency improvements.
- Ideal candidate is an “A player” that thrives in a smaller, dynamic, team-oriented environment, who enjoys wearing multiple hats, thinking-on-their feet, and wants to be on the ground floor of a growing business.
- Seize the opportunity to make an impact on this successful smaller organization, where your contributions will be rewarded.
About this employer:
- Our client is a U.S. based manufacturing company that has been in business for 30+ years.
- They use rubber compression, transfer, and liquid silicone molding processes to produce mission critical precision components for well-recognized OEM’s across multiple industries including medical, aerospace, military and defense, electronics and food equipment.
- Our client is considered a critical medical manufacturer who will stay open at full capacity during COVID-19 closures, making parts that go into life-saving equipment.
- Your contributions will continue well beyond meeting demand for this short-term medical crisis, and you won’t stagnate in a dead-end role at this fast-growing company.
- For this direct hire, full time position, some relocation assistance may be available.
- College degree in engineering, materials, plastics, polymers, or related field is desired. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role in a rubber molding manufacturing environment (compression, transfer, injection and liquid silicone).
- Process improvement experience (Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean) is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be compliant with ITAR regulations