Manufacturing Engineer (Plastics)
Dynamic and growing plastics manufacturing company seeks your materials and engineering expertise to help produce products that protect lives and make things better!
About this job:
- In this hands-on manufacturing engineering role, you’ll become an integral part of a cross-functional team that brings innovative new ideas from inception to production.
- As their technology expert, you will support operations on the production floor. This includes introducing/optimizing equipment, using statistical methods for process control and improvement, sampling, performing PFMEAs on new projects, and troubleshooting to maximize part performance and produce quality products.
- You will support sales with R&D, quoting, customer inquiries, etc.
About this employer:
- Our client is a manufacturing company that has been in business for 20+ years.
- As an industry leader, they use plastic materials and polymers to create custom solutions for customers by creating and developing products that reduce shock, minimize vibration, and cushion impact.
- Their products are sold to OEM’s and end-users across multiple industries: industrial, military, recreational, etc.
- Seize the opportunity to make an impact on this successful smaller organization - where hard work is balanced with flexible work schedules in a collaborative, fun atmosphere.
- This position is based in Colorado where city culture meets adventure near the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Some relocation assistance may be available!
- College degree in engineering, materials, plastics, polymers, or related field is desired.
- 6+ years of experience as a manufacturing engineer in a plastics manufacturing environment (e.g., injection molding, thermoforming, elastomers, etc.).
- SolidWorks (or similar CAD software) plus knowledge of documentation and GD&T.
- Process improvement experience (Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean) is a plus.
- Experience with thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) is a plus.
- Excellent computer, communication, and interpersonal skills.