Manufacturing Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding
Seeking hands-on manufacturing engineer (2-5 years preferred) with Mold Tooling, Processing and/or Metrology experience in plastic injection molding for this successful North Carolina company that produces passive components for high density optical interconnects. Join our innovative team that provides tight tolerance products to the fiber-optic industry.
About This Job
- This position provides a unique engineering life-cycle ownership opportunity. It will use a broad spectrum of skills to own the manufacturing process from pellet to inventory.
- The position will be responsible for leading the new mold assembly process, creating measurement methods for the assembled mold, creating and troubleshooting the molding processes, and providing the metrology systems to verify the resulting tight tolerance parts are dimensionally and functionally correct.
- Typical projects for this position are:
- Develop molds, molding processes, manufacturing systems and techniques
- Design and develop systems, process improvements, and drive continuous improvement
- Design/Develop/Perform tight tolerance product and process measurements
- Document manufacturing and inspection processes
- Specify and procure new equipment
- Provide technical manufacturing support to other functional areas within the company.
About This Company
- Our client is a leader in providing passive components for high density optical interconnects. The company was founded to expand the use of MT style multifiber technology through the design, manufacturing and sales of high precision fiber optic components.
- Our client provides industry leading components that enable high bandwidth systems such as cloud computing, core routing of the Internet, and fiber-to-the-home.
- Our client consistently invests in product design, development, and manufacturing to support the growth of new and more cost effective applications. The company actively participates in worldwide standards and implementation forums to drive broad support for new technology.
- Today, our client’s brands span the globe, delivering cost effective technology solutions for data center and enterprise structured cabling, public networks, circuit board interconnect, and industrial and military markets worldwide.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited 4-year college. (BSME is preferred)
- The successful candidate will have at least two years of hands-on engineering experience, preferably on the manufacturing floor, working in a medium volume process industry (injection molding would be ideal). Experience with engineering resins would be a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be detailed, have a doer mentality, have a working familiarity with measurement/metrology technologies, and exposure to statistical techniques (ie. DOE, Measurement R&R, and SPC)
- The candidate must possess soft skills like a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and be trained, have patience, and support a team environment.