Manufacturing Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding
Manufacturing Engineer – Plastic Injection Molding
Challenge your tolerances. Seeking manufacturing engineer with ultra-tight tolerance and metrology experience for this successful North Carolina company that produces passive components for high density optical interconnects. Join our innovative team that provides ultra-tight tolerance products to the High-Tech industry.
About This Job
- You will use a broad spectrum of skills related to launching and maintaining responsibility for engineering of assigned parts for their lifetime, from inception through manufacturing.
- You will lead or assist in putting the mold together from its components.
- You will be responsible for measuring the tool and resulting parts and comparing to spec, as well as running and troubleshooting the molding machine to assure manufacturability of all parts.
- Maintain communication with manufacturing for ongoing improvement of process and product.
About This Company
- Our client is a leader in providing passive components for high density optical interconnects. The company was founded to expand the use of MT style multifiber technology through the design, manufacturing and sales of high precision fiber optic components.
- Our client provides industry leading components that enable high bandwidth systems such as cloud computing, core routing of the Internet, and fiber-to-the-home.
- Our client consistently invests in product design, development, and manufacturing to support the growth of new and more cost effective applications. The company actively participates in worldwide standards and implementation forums to drive broad support for new technology.
- Today, our client’s brands span the globe, delivering cost effective technology solutions for data center and enterprise structured cabling, public networks, circuit board interconnect, and industrial and military markets worldwide.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- The successful candidate will have at least two years of engineering experience working for an injection molder that produces precision parts. Experience with engineering resins is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be hands-on, detailed, have a doer mentality, and have a working familiarity with coordinate measuring machines (CMM) and other metrology technologies.
- Possess necessary soft skills, a willingness to learn and be trained, patience, teamwork and have a positive attitude.