Maintenance Supervisor (Plastic Injection Molding)
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of the maintenance staff and directs all daily activities required to ensure equipment and the facility remain operational. Provide training, leadership and coaching to maintenance team members including apprentices.
- Hire and train department staff.
- Oversee and supervises day to day operations of maintenance department including assessment of department work load, work plan assignments, schedules and reviewing and approving timesheets.
- Enforce all company policies, rules, and regulations. Champion safety through leading by example, training and enforcement of policies.
- Conduct performance appraisals, recommend transfers, promotions, pay increases when appropriate.
- Work with Human Resources to address any disciplinary actions, employee complaints, or discharges in accordance with company policies.
- Responsible for training and developing employees to ensure competency in all positions and at all levels.
- Perform all necessary repairs and preventative maintenance to injection molding machines.
- Wiring/plumbing of new or existing molds.
- Screw and barrel repair and related problems.
- Maintain order and appearance of the Maintenance shop and storage equipment.
- All activities involving the repair of auxiliary equipment.
- Assist with departmental budget estimates and costs of specific repair projects.
- All H.V.A.C. equipment and coordination of the work by outside contractors related to H.V.A.C. equipment
- All team members shall:
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow job specific knowledge and use tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- This job description does not contain every function/responsibility that may be required for the performance of this job. All team members are required to perform other related duties/functions as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus additional broad specialized training equal to 2 years of college is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in related work including thorough knowledge of plant engineering and injection molding machine and related equipment maintenance.
- Requires high level of skill in electronic, electrical and mechanical technology.
- Ability to perform diversified duties including intensive knowledge of plant & machine maintenance and the use of wide range of procedures.
- Requires the use of judgment in the analysis of facts and circumstances surrounding individual problems and transactions and in the determination of actions to be taken within the limits of standard or accepted practice.