Maintenance Mechanic (Plastic Injection Molding)
TITLE: Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
Ensures operation of machinery by repairing and completing preventive maintenance requirements on injection molding machines, and auxiliary equipment.
- Controls downtime by effectively troubleshooting and diagnosing problems quickly and accurately.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Works with tool crib attendant to maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking inventory levels; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal
- Repairs chillers, thermolators, resin driers, loader systems, grinders and tower fans.
- Proactive in keeping a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Observe safety rules and wearing of prescribed protective clothing or items.
- This job description does not contain every function/responsibility that may be required in the performance of this job. All team members are required to perform other related duties/functions as assigned.
- All team members shall:
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow job specific knowledge and use tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- The candidate must have extensive experience (10+ years) repairing injection molding presses and auxiliary equipment; specifically Krauss Maffei and Demag presses.
- Must have the ability to work independently with very solid knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic disciplines.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose problems and make decisions as to the appropriate corrective action.
- Mechanical comprehension as well as strong understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical applications and blueprints
- Must be able to read and interpret prints and diagrams
- Welding skills necessary; machining skills would be a plus.
- A team player and is able to interact with various department personnel to ensure work is completed thoroughly and efficiently.