Maintenance Mechanic Class B
- Repair or replace tie bars and nuts, air and hydraulic cylinder valves, motors, pulleys, etc.Repair forklifts and mold trucks.Complete preventive maintenance programs.
- Must know and follow all plant, departmental and job safety rules.
- Must know, understand and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of and follow all applicable safe operating procedures and rules including housekeeping requirements.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements necessary for this skill or job area.
- Locate and repair leaks on production machinery. Complete preventive maintenance programs.
- Troubleshoot and repair of building and production machinery. Complete preventive maintenance programs.
- Welding of non-critical applications, i.e., dumpsters, brackets, etc.Torch cutting.
- Check and repair plant and office lighting, heating, dust collector and make-up air units. Complete preventive maintenance programs.
- Handle additional duties as assigned. May include but not limited to carpentry, clean up, set up, and etc.
Knowledge of plant and building maintenance and simple construction work, including but not limited to, electrical repairs, pipe fitting, carpentry, welding and hydraulics. Able to determine work methods and procedures from received assignments. Able to read and understand sketches, blueprints or diagrams. Ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations following instruction of a supervisor.
- Fluency in English
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math skills able to read, write, add and subtract whole numbers.
- One to three years of prior experience, preferably in plastic industry.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires excellent mobility and use of proper lifting techniques to avoid injury.
- Legible penmanship.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Forklift experience must be able to pass forklift certification.
- Safety Conscious
- 5S and Lean Principles a plus