Injection Process Technician
- Assign work schedules for setup and molding with aid of Department Lead or Supervisor.
- Review material to assure correct for job running.
- With more latitude and independent judgment, optimize the department setup and molding schedule for best labor utilization and throughput.
- Process machine startups by setting proper operational parameters. Make proper adjustment, such as loading programs, and program adjustments as needed.
- Verify mold is set correctly.
- Generate first sample part for Quality Control to inspect.
- Monitor the job throughout run to ensure parts meet print specifications.
- Make adjustments to process or tooling to improve efficiency, quality and reduce scrap
- Troubleshoot processing and set up problems with operators when needed. Determine root cause and corrective action for parts that do not meet print specifications and/or visual standards. Implement corrective action as needed. Identify and document any problems with tooling. On a daily basis, report any process or equipment problems to Supervisor. Work with Project Engineers/Tool Room to resolve molding, set up, and tooling problems.
- Must know and follow all plant, departmental and job safety rules.
- Must know, understand and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of and follow all applicable safe operating procedures and rules including housekeeping requirements.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements necessary for this skill or job area.