Production Supervisor – Plastic Injection Molding
Grow with us! Looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to oversee machine operators on assigned shift. In this role you will also help to maintain all injection molding equipment and keep team focused on safety, quality and production. Lead your shift in all 6S standards and communicate with personnel and supervisors.
About This Position
· Provide guidance on injection molding processing, tooling and equipment.
· Oversee up to 30 machine operators during shift and confirm that all manufacturing instructions are being enforced.
· Must provide basic troubleshooting and problem solving of equipment and answer production calls to ensure repairs are made quickly and production goals are kept.
· Will ensure that all safety policies are followed, keep accurate records of attendance and submit payroll.
· Assist with evaluation of shift personnel and completion of paperwork.
· Ability to run multiple automatic (or semi-automatic) presses and maintain cycle time on manual press.
· May be required to replace worn out valve pins, tips and heaters.
About This Company
· Our client is a custom plastic injection molder with a national footprint.
· Complete tool shop and extensive material experience coupled with high level engineering know-how.
· Company offers full benefits, formal training programs and growth potential.
· Our client, an ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 registered company, has implemented extensive quality procedures to ensure all requirements and customer specifications are met or exceeded.
Minimum Job Qualifications
· 3+ years in the plastics industry with proven experience managing others.
· Ability to read and follow schedules, material lists, guidelines and apply timelines as required.
· Hands-on working knowledge of injection molding machines is a must.
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
· This position can be physically demanding with 80% of time spent standing, must frequently lift up to 25 pounds and specific vision requirements that include depth perception.
· Positive, can-do attitude is a must.