Field Service Engineer
Customer Service and problem-solving are your passion. Troubleshooting and maintenance are your strengths. Accommodating is your spirit.
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag’s team of talent is what distinguishes our company from the rest. If a fast paced, collaborative environment is one you thrive in and you are ready to be a part of a Fortune 500 sized company, then we want to start a conversation with you!
Under the supervision of the Area Service Manager, the Field Service Engineer will be responsible for direct Sumitomo (SHI) Demag machine startup, repair service, and/or providing other technical assistance at the customer’s facility to ensure customer satisfaction within the assigned region (Midwest).
- Adheres to daily schedule provided by Area Service Manager to visit and service customers’ machinery.
- Troubleshoots electrical, hydraulic and mechanical problems leaving the customer with the assurance that the problem has been or will be resolved.
- For new injection molding machines: starts up, provides molding assistance, and gives hands on operator and maintenance training.
- Responsible for timely and accurate field service report specific to all services on site, problems incurred, safety violations noted, hours and expenses.
- Generates clear, concise, accurate and complete field service reports, expense reports, and timely return of those reports to the home office.
- Provides temporary phone coverage for technical support and/or manager while there is a vacancy due to vacation and/or illness.
- Ability to travel up to 90% within the region, plus occasional travel within North America as required.
- Must possess and maintain a serviceable vehicle for transportation to and from the work site.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic schematics.
- Working knowledge of various hydraulic, mechanical and electrical test equipment.
- Must possess a working knowledge of process parameters of injection molding to properly assess whether a problem is mold, materials, or machine related.
- Adeptness in interpersonal communication skills and written communication skills.
- Must be fully computer literate with experience in Windows and data acquisition and diagnostics software.
- Two-year technical degree in the field of electronics, or equivalent experience in the plastics industry; Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred.
- Demonstrated field service experience or equivalent experience in the area of troubleshooting and repair of injection molding machines.
Why Join Us?
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag offers a competitive benefits package, which include Medical, Dental, 401(k) with standard company contribution, Health Savings Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 11 paid holidays per year, plus a generous Personal Time Off package. We also value the importance of innovation, teamwork and independence. Through our wellness and employee engagement initiatives, you will see that we have a work hard, play hard atmosphere. At Sumitomo, you will be consistently challenged and your opportunities will only be limited by your ambition!
Are you ready to be a part of our team? Apply now and start a conversation today!
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America, Inc. is part of a worldwide group of companies dedicated to helping plastics processors compete more effectively in the global market. Specializing in the manufacture of high-precision, high-performance, plastic injection molding machines, and selling over 5,000 machines annually. Sumitomo (SHI) Demag, together with its Japanese parent company, Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd., is one of the largest manufacturers of injection molding machines in the world. With over 100,000 IM machines installed worldwide, the company has a presence in all major markets around the globe. Equally important, Sumitomo (SHI) Demag has an extensive worldwide support network, ensuring customers of sales, parts, training, service, and processing assistance when and where it is needed.
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sumitomo (SHI) Demag complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.