FIELD SALES ENGINEER (EXTRUSION)
Bring your technical knowledge of extrusion machines and processes (e.g., wire & cable, pipe, etc.) to this successful global machine manufacturer that continues to grow!
This position requires multiple skills — some “hands-on” and some “white-gloved”. You’ll visit various plants to provide aftermarket services to existing clients. You might use your technical expertise to help diagnose issues on the production floor, but you’ll leave the actual repair to others. On the flip side, you’ll help make sales presentations to current and potential customers. You will also prepare reports and participate in corporate meetings.
Your territory will be primarily in the Southeast and the Midwest. As a “road-warrior”, this position will be home-based--ideally in Georgia and North Carolina. But your exact location may be flexible, if you live near a major airport. And some relocation assistance is also available if you'd like to move to a warmer Southern climate!
Some Key Job Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer service requests pertaining to equipment, lines, automation, and other extrusion production processes
- Make on-site customer visits and recommend ways to improve and add value to meet production needs
- Present, quote, and follow-through with service-level agreements
- Schedule product training sessions for customers and their employees
Some Minimum Job Requirements:
- Extensive experience in a technical, process engineering, and/or sales engineering role related to plastic extrusion, preferably within the wire and cable and/or plastic tubing or pipe industries.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office
- Superior troubleshooting, communication, customer-service, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time