Extrusion, Blow or Injection Molding Process Technician - Plastics Manufacturing
Actively Hiring – Immediate Openings - Relocation Assistance Available!
Looking to hire advanced molding technicians to work in a clean room environment manufacturing a new line of medical devices. The purpose-built clean room will house industry leading molding, automation, and robotic technologies and will be managed by a small, highly skilled, and cross trained team. The right candidate will have experience in clean room environments, medical focused processes, and advanced manufacturing technologies.
Hours: Full-Time position with paid overtime.
Benefits: Competitive pay & benefits (health, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k with match) … and more!
“Come join our Growing, Fast-Paced, Customer-Focused Company that fosters long term Careers and Professional Training & Development!”
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
“Quality & Safety are Top Priorities”
- Perform and maintain safe and efficient tool and machine set-up, operation, and process capabilities to meet customer on-time delivery and quality expectations.
- Perform startups including completion of all required quality management system documentation.
- Troubleshoot quality/part issues by confirming plastic conditions and performing root cause analysis to determine true root causes.
- Verify process parameters prior to start up and assure process is running to validated parameters.
- Identify machine problems and communicate to maintenance as required.
- Use logical reasoning to resolve mold issues.
- Work with other molding team members to keep equipment running during breaks and callouts.
- Operate multi-cavity Extrusion Blow Molding (EBM) and Injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
- Perform thorough product inspections and make appropriate decisions relative to product quality requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Document process parameters.
- Follow all required Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practice (GDP) procedures.
- Assist in training fellow team members in the work cell to drive for optimum performance.
- Work flexible shifts and overtime as needed and maintain reliable attendance.
Safety and Cleanliness
“We have put in place Covid-19 practices for our employees’ safety”
- Perform required maintenance and cleaning per Clean Room procedures.
- Maintain the integrity of the cleanroom requirements in all job duties.
- Keep machinery, work area and floors neat and orderly.
- Wear company issued required personal protective equipment (PPE) for an ISO-8 Class cleanroom environment.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
“An employee who will represent the customer and be the consumer’s advocate”
Do You Have…?
- High school diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years related experience or training.
- Computer user skills – proficient in basic computer use – able to quickly learn and efficiently use new systems.
- Basic math skills - add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Thorough knowledge of all products produced in the department, raw materials required, and product quality specifications.
- Working knowledge of molds, machinery, and vision systems.
- Familiarity with all relevant controlled documents (Work Instructions, Forms, etc.), preventative maintenance task lists and equipment manuals which pertain to operation of all equipment
- An understanding of continuous improvement, six sigma or lean manufacturing concepts.
- Good time management practices.
- Reliable and dependable attendance.
- Flexibility with work schedule and willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Vocational or trade school in related trade.
- Prior cleanroom experience.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment using injection or Extrusion Blow Molding mold presses.
- Communicate, cooperate and participate in a fast paced, customer focused, team-oriented environment.
- Read and follow verbal and written instructions; write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Use Quality Control instruments such as calipers, gram scales and magna mike.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Assist with training others.
Do You have the Physical Stamina to…?
- Stand and walk for most of the work shift.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Lift and/or move up 25 pounds and occasionally more than 100 lbs. with assistance of equipment.
- Use close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.