Engineering Manager - Plastic Injection Molding
Lead our product design and engage our engineering team! This is a great opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join a growing custom injection molding operation. Bring your demonstrated success in plastic injection molding to oversee all aspects of the technical engineering division.
- Effectively lead, mentor and develop the engineering team.
- Create departmental budget, allocate resources, and determine schedules of product launches.
- Manage product launch process to ensure execution and fulfill customer expectations.
- Assign project personnel to specific phases or aspects of projects such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans and product testing.
- Manage and cultivate relationships with external tool sources.
About the Company
- Located West of Chicago, profitable company has been in business for over 40 years.
- Industry leader in custom injection molding with dedication to quality and stellar safety record.
- Company is actively investing in new equipment and technology.
- Culture that promotes autonomy and ownership in the company and its vision.
- Technical knowledge of plastic injection molding is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Solid understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA).
- 3-D CAD modeling capabilities.
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485 standards.
- IQ/OQ/PQ protocol knowledge.
- 2+ years management experience.