Director of Manufacturing - Molded Fiber
Consumer demand for recycled content in products and packaging is at an all time high. Be part of this growing trend as Director of Manufacturing for this Pennsylvania based, eco-friendly plant.
- Independently owned, this firm is more than fifty years old and growing.
- The company is well-known in the niche industry of protective packaging.
- New applications for its products are constantly arising, and this innovative firm is well-positioned to grow beyond its traditional product lines.
- The company operates in several locations in the USA as well as in Europe.
- The manufacturing director will be responsible for managing and upgrading all aspects of manufacturing operations, safety, and profitability. Take a lead role in the organizational development required to execute pending opportunities at the company.
- Participates in Company strategic planning forums as part of the senior leadership team.
- Initiate a productivity improvement and cost reduction imperative using best practices (SPC, LEAN, etc.)
- Analyze, plan, manage execution and provide feedback on growth/improvement initiatives
- Oversee and upgrade Company engineering functions including maintenance, design, tooling development and fabrication.
- 8-10 years of progressive manufacturing management experience with P&L accountability
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing principles and building strong teams
- Excellent personal, oral and written skills are required.
- Leadership qualities are a must.