COST ESTIMATOR (Plastic Injection Molding)
As our Quoting Engineer you’ll become our “expert” in costing, estimating, and price development to help us grow our custom injection molding business!
About This Job:
- Coordinate, review, and prepare quote packages for complex plastic molded piece parts and tooling
- Analyze blueprints, drawings and other documents to accurately calculate part weights, cycle time, scrap, etc., considering machine/labor rates, capacity, automation, etc.
- Work closely with sales, process engineering, in-house tooling, automation and production to prepare estimates, lead quote review meetings, and track timely progress from inception to production.
- Consult with customers, vendors, and other individuals to review specifications, make recommendations, and resolve issues
About This Company:
- Our client is an established custom injection molder that is growing!
- They have invested in new technology and expanded their operation to accommodate new business
- In this critical and visible role, your efforts will impact the profitability of the company.
- You’ll be an integral part of their team with future growth opportunities.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Plastics degree preferred but not necessary
- Experience in an injection molding environment
- A passion for details, manufacturing, and plastic injection molding, are essential.
- Quoting, estimating and/or sales engineering experience is ideal, but a plastics degree may be considered in lieu of this experience.
- Strong Solidworks, AutoCAD, Excel, computer, communication, and interpersonal skills