COO/VP OF OPERATIONS (Injection Molding)
Inject your new blood into our profitable operations and lead our custom injection molding team into the future. If you are a highly effective manufacturing leader, with ambition and a solid record of growing custom plastic injection molding companies, then this role is for you!
About this Job
- You will oversee the entire Operations function and manage all facets of production, maintenance, sourcing, distribution/warehousing, and budgeting.
- You will have the opportunity to implement your new ideas and drive change to create a world-class company.
- Your operational and strategic leadership will aid in succession planning by developing people, creating an organizational structure, and building a high-performance team.
- Make a significant impact on this successful and growing company by taking it to the next level of sales and profitability.
- Establish strategic initiatives for scaling the business through expansion and navigating complex challenges to deliver results.
- This direct-hire position is based in Michigan, and relocation assistance is available to the right candidate.
About this Employer
- Our client is a custom injection molder with a reputation for producing quality products and providing outstanding customer service across multiple industries. They’re proud of their technical capability and the speed with which they bring new products to life - from inception to production!
- Their customers expect responsiveness, quality, and superior service, and that’s what they deliver. They achieve customer satisfaction through operational excellence, new product design, quality, and on-time delivery.
- This family-owned business has a long history of success in the plastics industry. The addition of this NEW POSITION will infuse additional talent, drive, and management skills into their growing business.
Some Ideal Qualifications
- Operational experience with custom injection molding companies in the $15-$50M range. Multi-plant oversight experience a plus.
- A well-rounded technical injection molding background (e.g., insert molding, two-shot molding, vertical molding, etc.) that includes both hands-on operational roles and C-suite responsibilities (e.g., strategic planning, account management, P&L, customer relations, etc.)
- Managerial experience in a fast-paced automotive component manufacturing environment that strives for continuous process improvement, efficiency, and profitability.
- A dynamic, inspirational, and “roll up your sleeves” leader with the ability to motivate teams to achieve company objectives.
- Strong team building, interpersonal, communication, decision-making and people management skills.