Chief Operations Officer (COO) - Plastic Injection Molding
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic operations leader to apply their skills in a key transformational role. You will bring your demonstrated success in plastic injection molding and manufacturing to oversee, cultivate and grow this established custom injection molder located in the Chicago area. As COO, you will be responsible for all aspects of manufacturing, quality, delivery, financial performance, and growth. Yes – this is a BIG role but with it comes reward with the option to take an ownership stake in the company and partner with the CEO in the strategic vision.
About the Role:
- Manage day to day operations at custom plastic injection molder.
- Work with senior team to lead a culture of quality and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that employees are trained, equipped, and supported to work safely.
- Build brand image, quality reputation and continue to develop and maintain key relationships with customers.
- Provide leadership and make high-level decisions regarding policy and strategy.
- Oversee company’s fiscal activity including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
About the Company:
- Located West of Chicago, custom plastic injection molder has been in business for over 40 years.
- Industry leader in custom injection molding with dedication to quality and stellar safety record.
- Company is actively investing in new equipment and technology.
- Culture that promotes autonomy and ownership in the company and its vision.
- Demonstrated history of managing day to day operations in plastic injection molding.
- Technical knowledge and leadership experience in plastic injection molding is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Hands on experience introducing lean initiatives, safety protocols and quality systems in manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of ISO Standards (9001 and 13485) is highly desirable.
- Must have high level of organizational agility working across the business with employees, customers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Proven negotiation skills, strong communication skills and problem-solving capabilities are all a must.